Saturday, January 14, 2006

My sister's adopting a baby!

My sister, Melissa, is adopting a little girl from China! We are all very excited! She has sent in all her documentation to China and is now waiting for a referral (who the baby will be). I am planning to go to China with her to meet my new niece! I can't wait! It should happen this year, but we aren't sure when, yet. She said the timeline right now is 8-9 months before she gets her referral and then a couple months to travel. So, we are hoping it'll happen this fall! :) She isn't sure about the baby's name yet, but I'm trying to convince her to name her after her Auntie Mindy! (hehe, that would be me!) :) She's considering using my middle name as the baby's name and I'm VERY excited about that!

So, my sister is making handmade quilted purses to help raise a little money toward the trip to China. I will definitely post pictures here and you can check out my ebay store (HobbyHungry) to buy them! They are gorgeous! These are high quality purses with pockets and velcro closures. She has made me 4 purses, and love every one! If you want her to make you something special, she can do that too, please send me an email or submit a comment with your contact info. The purses range from $30-45 plus shipping/handling.

I am also trying to raise a little money so I can go with her. (I have to be there!) So, please check out my other auctions, too!

I will definitely keep you posted on the adventure!

No comments: